Decided to try a video project today. Narration from Psalm 33. The whole earth is in turmoil, but God has the earth in His hands. As we trust in Him we do not need to fear or be shaken by anything in this world. He Who created it has the world and us in His hands. The world will come to an end, and He will shake what can be shaken (At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, "Yet once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens." This phrase, "Yet once more," indicates the removal of things that are shaken—that is, things that have been made—in order that the things that cannot be shaken may remain.)
(Hebrews 12:26-27) but those who trust in Him will have everlasting life in Him.
Are you feeling shaken today? We are seeing natural disasters increase all over the world and here in our own nation. We are seeing evil and violence wanting to force and bully their way and bring lawlessness and disorder. We see injustice. We see lies prevail. What can we do?
We can look up, as the Bible tells us because our redemption draweth nigh. It means evil is being exposed and those who have rejected Christ are being given over to their own evil ways because it's what they insist on and the whole earth is groaning for its redemption, and all these things are a sign that our redemption draweth nigh. Birth pangs continue to become stronger (Matt. 24:8). Even so, many will refuse to look to the Lord and see He alone is our Savior. He alone, Who made the earth and all who are in it, can save, can heal, can restore, and in Him alone is there hope. He will shake what can be shaken, what man has put his trust and hope in. He will show it for what it is. When He removes His hand of protection we see it for what it is, and we cry out to God because we know instinctively, even if we've claimed to not believe in God, that there is a God Who can do something. No, He is not a big genie in the sky who will fix your life just the way you want it. He has warned over and over again through His Word and His prophets, and His servants of what the natural consequences are of rejecting or ignoring His Word and His commandments and refusing His only salvation.
Yet He holds out His hand still, even as He lets us see what happens when men reject Him...chaos. It should cause us to stop and ponder. It should cause us to run to His Word to find light and truth and meaning. It should cause us to see how futile everything we hold dear in this world is and how short our lives are, and how very dependent they are on Him.
God loves us. He loved us so much that He came here to this earth in the form of a man, suffered and died for our sins, even though spotless and guiltless Himself, and says all you need do is believe on Him, just trust Him as your Savior from all that causes evil...SIN...and you can be saved and live in His Heaven of perfect love and beauty and glory forever and ever. You don't have to earn it. You can't make yourself acceptable or ever save yourself. If you could He would not have had to bear the cross. Just come to Him. He bids all to come to Him. And all who come to Him He will in no wise cast out. Just call on Him in faith. Believe in Him with your heart and mind and strength.
Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.
All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.
There is a place where no storm or natural disaster can touch, where no evil will ever be, where only love and joy and peace abound. This is the inheritance of those who trust in Him.
(3) And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God.
(4) He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away."
(5) And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." Also he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."
(6) And he said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment.
(7) The one who conquers will have this heritage, and I will be his God and he will be my son.
(8) But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death."