Wednesday, June 14, 2017

PUSHING THROUGH ADVERSITY

I went for a walk this morning, and noticed in several places along the side walk that there were things growing right through the black top. I was amazed.  Then I saw this little flower, so pretty sitting there in its glory having pushed its way through the black top, as though it were saying, "Nothing can stop me! I've broken through and I'm victorious and I'm beautiful!"

It made me think of our different responses to adversity in life.  This little flower's response to all hindrance to its life gave me faith.  It stirred up a kind of hope, a feeling of endurance and reluctance to give up or let myself become discouraged.  It was as though God placed it there for me to say, "Never grow weary, Ginny.  You will surely reap if you faint not."  This little flower had some pressure, some adversity, some resistance to push through but it endured.  Life gives us many types of resistance to the Gospel of our Lord.  It gives us much resistance to the message of life He has given us and wants to tell us continually, "give up! give up! give up! It's no use!  Why are you fighting against a world that is determined to hate God?"

Some have formed a movement of resistance today.  It's a resistance against anything of God, anything of the Bible, and anything Christian.  It manifests itself in politics, in religion, in counterfeit Christianity, and as the Bible told us, it comes against all that is of God with a vengeance.  How can we stand in such an evil day?  How do we push through the resistance of life that seems to never end. It's not enough that the world is against us, and a false church as well, but the circumstances of life and perhaps our health can be a heavy weight we must also push through.

We can overcome, just as this little flower. We can keep reaching up for the sun.  We can not even look at the adversity but instead look up to the Son and see He is there, He is faithful, He is ever giving us the grace, the power, the encouragement, the hope, and the promise that is sure, we will reap if we faint not.  we will by our endurance through His power, gain life and have victory.  We will win this battle.  We will break through every barrier and every resistance.  Why?  Because He has.

John 14:27  Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
John 16:33  I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."

He Himself has overcome every resistance in this world that could possibly come against us and nothing can stop His plan for His church.  Nothing can defeat His children.  If He says don't be afraid, it's not just an empty phrase, but it is with power and meaning and truth.  We have no reason to be afraid if He says we don't.  So we do not have to "let our hearts be afraid."  Even though in this world we have tribulation and resistance and many times it seems, defeat...yet He has overcome the world and anything it can do to harm us or separate us from His love, or defeat His purposes from being carried out.  Our own purposes, goals and dreams may have to be taken to the cross, but His will be carried out, and His purpose for each of His children is more than we can fathom. 

So push on dear child of God! don't be dismayed.  Push through every obstacle that comes against you and keep looking and pushing forth toward the Son.  

No comments:

Post a Comment