Friday, July 3, 2015

I AM MY BELOVED'S AND HE IS MINE

Just a little tidbit of inspiration today! Tomorrow is Independence Day. We celebrate our "freedom." Freedom means something quite different to everybody. For some freedom means to be free to indulge every lust without conscience or fear of consequences. This is of course, impossible, yet some will go so far as to demand that they can do that, even inventing laws to force their "right" to do so onto others, regardless of who they oppress or hurt in the process.

 But Jesus has a true freedom for us and He tells us, "whom the Son sets free, shall be free indeed" (John 8:36).  I want that freedom even if standing for that freedom someday imprisons me in this world. There are those who insist on their freedom yet take away the freedom of others. This is a freedom that no human law on earth can take away. It is a freedom worth dying for. It is a freedom worth living for. To know that I belong to Jesus and He belongs to me is the greatest thing in all the earth. I can be bound by sickness, or by lawless men, by unjust anti-Christ laws, by the limits others place on me, or by circumstances beyond my control, but I belong to God and He belongs to me. And one day, I will be united with Him in glory, and all that happened on this earth will look very, very dim.

Darby...
"'I am my Beloved's, and his desire is toward me'-the consciousness of belonging to Christ and that His affections rest on us-the consciousness that we are the objects of His own affections and delight. This is most deep and perfect joy.


For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
(2 Corinthians 4:17-18)

Imagine that! "Beyond all comparison!" Think of the worst situation you've ever been in, or the worst thing you can imagine being in.  What He is preparing for us is beyond all comparison to that.  If only the world would realize the very God they rant against and try to silence and rid the earth of, is the very answer to all their desires, hopes, dreams, and longings. To turn Him away is to be left with their bondages to sin and corruption which will grow stronger and stronger in their lives until it destroys them.
 
The more surrendered we are to Jesus, the more free we are to be what He made us to be, and to find the satisfaction for our souls that we were created for. May you find that freedom in Christ today, if you have not yet done so. 

If you want to know more about how you can know this wonderful God Who loves You and Who died in your place so that you can be truly free, check out my salvation page here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment